Friday, October 29, 2010

Onwards Forever

My days at Gulmohur began with days when i could hardly sing the school song(i did not learn it for how many days i don't know), the days when Caesar sir used to play his guitar sashaying all across the assembly ground in the primary section, the days when i found myself a fish out of water in the school. I was a new student admitted in class 2, and was totally clueless about everything that happened around me, with me, without me.
Overcoming all apprehensions, i finally confessed to my class teacher, Mrs Lal. And that was the moment that made Gulmohur MINE. Things changed, i became so comfortable with everything at GHS. The warmth was so unparalleled, the school didn't bite ever from thereon.
The love for the school and the teachers shall never die. The teachers were remarkably helpful and very compassionate. The quality of education is undoubtedly amongst the best offered in the country. Being a Gulmohurian makes me feel proud and lucky. The school has instilled the values, delivered knowledge and done everything that other best schools do. What i feel separates GHS from any other school in the country is the amount of freedom we were given. I never felt bounded by any means. The environment is so much perfect for anyone to learn right from the books to the lessons of life. I really yearn to live in the same atmosphere once again, back in my alma mater, the OLD STRONG DAME that taught me to move forward with penchant for perfection. Its a Utopia offering a gamut of rare options- Exploring life, being adventurous, Never being afraid of making mistakes, never fearing failure. Failure indeed can be a stepping stone to success at this magical place. It strengthens us when we fail.
truly Gulmohur, yo have taught all your children to move Onwards Forever..Onwards..

Nostalgia is deep entrenched in thy name,
Wish you loyalty, love, fortitude and fame..
My love for Gulmohur shall never fade,
Thy diadem shall be adorned with pearl and jade...


Sumeet Sinha
Gulmohur ICSE 2004/ ISC 2006
B.tech NIT jalandhar

1 comment:

  1. well said could not have penned it better.I am in touch with my batchmates actively but seeing the outpouring from other alums, teachers who have taught there in the past I am indeed amazed.
    Take a read of the testimonials
    http://www.gulmohurschool.com/index.php/alumni/testimonials
    Shobha Pandit an ex teachers comment sticks out.

    ReplyDelete