Sunday, October 24, 2010

Looking Back

When I look back at the school where I spent my formative years I have a lot of good memories. My association with Gulmohur School goes back to when the primary section of the school was called Shishu Vidyalaya and had classes up to grade 3.

I started in Lower KG and when in grade 3 learnt that Gulmohur school would merge with Shishu Vidyalaya and Shishu Vidyalaya will become Gulmohur Primary School. This was in 1979. I graduated from Gulmohur High School in 1986 and 24 years later remember the school very fondly.


When I think back about the teachers what I remember is the love, caring and selfless sacrifices. Some of the teachers have since retired, moved on to do different things and some have passed away but their legacy remain in my heart and guide me like a beacon of light.

I have tried to put together the activities that I feel were good practices when I was in school and also listed activities which perhaps should be added if not already present. Also ensuring that all students participate is the key. Back then as is possibly today there would be students who would participate and others who shy away. If the educators made the effort to ensure that everyone participates it will ensure that a solid well rounded person graduate from the school which really is the goal of a high school.

Activities


  • Debates, Elocution contest
  • School Plays
  • Quiz Contests
  • Music Contest
  • Social Service
  • Nature and Adventure Club
  • Sports
  • Arts and Crafts
  • School Magazine Articles

Additional Activities

  • Mentoring Program
  • Taking the school magazine online
  • Weekly lecture by professional leaders, business leaders at school
  • Online career counseling

3 comments:

  1. Old memories of school are the best of souvenir that I hold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do not remember days; we remember moments.....sweetest moments of life have been spent at school, the memories of which are as fresh as the new fallen snow......

    Rahul Ojha

    ReplyDelete
  3. give me some sunshine i call it as we were like fledglings preparing to fly and our exposure made us stronger to catch on the flight of life

    ReplyDelete