Monday, October 25, 2010

My School

Entry to this world starts with watery eyes, hands clasped around a protective figure pleading to take them away. When it ends eyes are still watery, hands are still watery, hands are still clasped, its still pleading but to take them back.

This world, an institution which made me equipped enough to write this piece. 56 years of existence of one of the oldest schools in town and it’s still going strong. A hotspot of talent, which right now are making their alma mater proud at every corner of this world.

Some fondest memories of life has been those 13 years spend in this hallowed institution. Doing homework getting punished, standing in the corridor for not doing homework and being watched by juniors, fearing parent’s anger during parent teacher meetings, those romantic linkups( some did blossomed into healthy relationship), bunking classes, those batches, the feeling of being a captain or a prefect(Oh! What a feeling, the school seemed to be our own).

Would like to share an incident with you all which happened when I was in class eleven.

I had just participated in my first inter school event and we had come out as the best school (thanks to my partner and the participating schools. I was happy. Two more debates were given to me, the third followed. I was elated. But all of them were on the same day. Hmmm, that was tough. I became nervous. How could I handle, with two happening only one hour apart? Anxiety was running high. Was going to call a quit to one of those.

The Principal called me in. She said, “Believe in yourself, believe in what you speak. The whole school believes in your commitment and capability.”

We brought in two best school shield and a best speaker. The next day in school a dream came true.

Come and share your experiences, your ideas. Connect with each other.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing the moment..wonderful to read such articles..it is amazing how a little word of encouragement here and there pull you along.

    ReplyDelete